Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hopefully More

It's another beautiful Sunday here at my job, and although I usually post what I hear/see here in my other blog, Dork in the Corner, I decided to post it here, as well, because it has to do with the news, or rather, celebrity news which should **always** be considered a different breed of animal than **real** news.

I genereally do not get involved in celebrity news. I find it pointless...unless you consider the point being to make the world believe that stupid-inflicted tragedy, self-created drama, and wreckless regard for fidelity, morals, or anything else once considered normal.

I am blathering on.

So my Sunday chat buddy sends me a link to see Kurt Cobain's daughter.

This is the original link he sent me, which has a link to her more....rough side.

At first I thought oh please. Who cares about the daughter of two famous junkies...two famous talentless junkies who made it big due mainly to their stupidity? But I clicked. The first thing that struck me was the painful similarity between her and her father. Don't let that statement fool you. She is beautiful.

Then I read the actual article, which led me to the edgier pictures, which show her tattoos and dark hair and smoking a cigarette. Lovely.

I have tattoos, dark hair, and I smoke, so I am **certain** I sound like a hypocrite here, but the thing is, I worry for this girl. She's not some normal kid who happens to like smoking and getting tattoos. She is the daughter of two seriously debilitated (one of which is deceased) junkies who have no control over their lives and were an embarrassment to Seattle (yes, that is IMHO), Washington state, grunge, rock, America, etc. What makes them even more dangerous (her parents, that is), is that we immortalized a man who made it fashionable to "burn out" rather than to "fade away." We idolized his music, his suicide letter, and on and on.

Then, we gave the junkie whore wife all the attention she could possibly handle, and even as we hated her, we fueled her addiction.

So, Frances Bean Cobain, if you ever read this or someone happens to run across this by pure chance (or mistake), I know you probably hate me for berating your parents, but please, don't follow in their footsteps. Neither one of them is fit to be a role model. And, if it's not too much to ask, if you're going to make music, please have the decency not to rape our ears with trash in the process, like they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment