Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gloom and Doom?

CNN article about the end of the world

Before I start my rant, please note that while some of my recent responses to articles have included Bible verses, it is because of the content of the article. This blog was not started to preach, but to share my own opinions and views on the news/media.

Their caravans state the Bible "promises."
I love when people put things about the Bible when they clearly don't read it. It makes my side of the argument that much more easier to defend.

Matthew 24:36"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

Need I go on? Yes? Okay, I will.


They quit their jobs. They want to preach that they are acting on Biblical basis, but quitting your earthly duty is not Biblical.

2 Thess. 3:10 "For even when we were with you, we used to give you this command: "If anyone is not willing to work, neither should he eat."

Colossians 3:23-24 “Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ."

Why would the proprietor of this circus condone these people quitting their jobs and putting their families at risk? Even if they are not actively advising them to do as such, they have not made an attempt to stop this insanity.

2 Peter 2:1-3
"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privately shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep."

Galatians 1:6-8
"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!"

Who is the perpetrator of this? Well, we find the catalyst to be one Harold Camping, who, back in 1992, said that September 6, 1994 would be the end of days...

That day has come and gone by a long shot. Which brings me back to Matthew 24:36. But still, people....desperate, delusional, dying? They continue to follow him. It's...shocking and sickening. The horror story in this is that this retired civil engineer has his own media company and has the means to spread his theories around pretty heavily, and does so. There is even a website dedicated to this "theology," although in good conscience I refuse to direct you to it with a link.

I may not be an overwhelmingly intelligent civil engineer, I may not be a go-to source when it comes to the Bible, morality, or even being a decent Christian (may not? I am not), but I know foolishness when I see it, and I hope peoples' eyes open before more unwary people drag themselves, their families, even their little children on this doomsday chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment